Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Withdrawal

After spending a good portion of the last week at the 'Vest watching the Naturals win a bunch of games, it's weird having to suddenly be stuck with recaps and radio broadcasts. For one, I find it hard to justify listening to the entire broadcast, since I get to see them so often. Being WAY out of market for my MLB franchise forces me to listen to games on XM if I want to get any live action, so I'm not really doing the radio thing for the Nats.

That being the case, I have to settle for getting recaps and box scores, which are admittedly limited. It's funny how you get used to the sounds and the comfort of the ballpark when you get in the habit of being there most days. But baseball, too, can play hard to get.

Looking over the box score for last night, I did notice that Jose Duarte managed to get a base hit to extend his hitting streak to five games, making it worth talking about. Duarte has increased his average .061 points from .156 to a nearly respectable .217. During the streak, Duarte is hitting .421 (8/19).

Rosa should make another start tonight. He's been dominant so far, and will hopefully be able to pitch the Nats back into the win column. Who's pitching for the Cardinals? DKDC (don't know, dont care).

No comments: